Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) are looking to provide financial assistance and wider support to community groups working to further develop Greater Manchester’s rail stations.
A funding pot of £20,000.00 has been made available for such groups such as CRPs and station friends groups.
- Each CRP or Friends Group can bid for funding of up to £1,000.00 or £250.00 respectively per project
- There is no limit as to how many bids for funding CRP’s or Friends Groups can make
- All bids must be submitted (by email) by the attached form and will be assessed by TfGM and ACoRP
- All bids must be received by 31st October 2017 and must relate to projects that will start before 31st March 2018
- Bids will be assessed and approved on their specific benefit to local communities and we are seeking evidence based submissions about what a project is hoping to achieve i.e. project x will deliver improved recycling rate / reduced crime rate / greater local engagement. Nb. Schemes should not look to increase rail service patronage as a primary outcome
- Where appropriate submissions will be shared with Network Rail and train operators to a) seek relevant approvals and b) seek additional or match funding
- Once a request has been approved funds will be distribute via ACoRP
TfGM are also keen to support applicants and their projects and will also be happy to provide communications resource to help write and issue press releases and wider updates.
TfGM’s rail officers also remain at applicants assistance and are keen to help with scheme development and evidence planning, and where necessary liaison with Network Rail and train operators. TfGM may also be able to provide volunteer support where resource capability exists. This will be measured as a funding contribution of £10 per hour.
Community involvement in rail stations is hugely important and is highly valued by TfGM, fitting in with their wider aspirations to transform rail stations from not just train boarding and alighting points to community based hubs that provide access to a range of essential services.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss matters further can you please email email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.