Kew Grow Wild is excited to launch their new community project funding for 2018. We are awarding funding of £2,000 or £4,000 to community groups (ideally those that are hard to reach) that want to bring people together through activities that connect their community and celebrate UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi.
Grow Wild is awarding funding of £2,000 or £4,000 to groups and projects that:
- Stand out from the crowd – think something creative, or even better something that hasn’t been done before!
- Focus on UK native wildflowers, plants and/or fungi, highlighting the importance of these species for the environment, and for quality of life.
- Will engage one or more of these groups: Young people aged 12-18
Students and young people aged 18-25
People living in urban areas
People experiencing hardship and reduced access to services
Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
- Will encourage large scale community involvement, ideally in the hundreds!
- Will deliver the project in a space or location that is accessible to the general public i.e. is not in a restricted or controlled area
If you you are a group that would be interested in this opportunity then please download the application guidance form here.
If you have any questions about the applications guidance or have an brilliant idea you want to discuss and work out a way forward then please give Richard Pollard a call on 07917 265417. Once your idea has been discussed with Richard he will then be able to forward you the applications form.